Saturday 21 January 2012

Framework Further Planning

To generate vegetation within the scene, I plan to investigate and implement L-System type fractals to produce believable results. I plan to use these fractals as an input to along with other constraints and forces to produce a database of nodes. Each node will contain a world position and a link to another node in the world.   This database will allow the vegetation to coincide and adapt with the scene and will provide the backbone from which I can explore and prototype.

For now I will abstract away entirely the concept of meshes and concentrate on developing hierarchical structures of nodes, displaying raw visuals to give feedback on the quality of the fractal behaviour.



Above is a large scale overview of the design I will be striving to implement. The primary focus of my project is not the quality of the systems design; However, I believe it is important to maintain a modular design. This will allow me to easily develop systems of increasing complexity such as the fractal system on top of the node database.

No comments:

Post a Comment